HEALTH CARE ASSISTANTS
Healthcare assistants (HCAs) work within hospital or community settings under the guidance of a qualified healthcare professional. The role can be varied depending upon the area in which the person is employed. The types of duties include the following:
- washing and dressing
- helping people to mobilize
- bed making
- generally assisting with patients overall comfort
- monitoring patients’ conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight.
- Responsible for sanitation and hygiene levels of the facility and resident rooms and washrooms. Also responsible for laundry, ironing and folding resident garments.
- Trained in-house on housekeeping procedures and protocols, basic health and safety, interface with residents and facility protocols.
- Responsible for assessment of all residents, administration of all medications, vital checks, supervising care attendants and being in-charge in the absence of the Facility Manager
- Training: Our nurses are certified and trained and Our nurses are experienced. Trained in-house in elder care, emergency protocol and management and managing dementia